Thursday, September 20, 2012

.easy canning labels.

I'm really not a huge fan of the labels that come packaged with home canning jars, and recently, my aging printer has ceased to accommodate label formatting. Most importantly, if I've put in hours to lovingly preserve my fruits and veg, I'm not going slap some ugly pre-fab label on my jars.

I came up with this idea with the help of my friend, Shandy. I had most of the supplies I needed, but wasn't sure how I wanted display the text. Shandy suggested using magnetic stamps and a spare lid, which obviously lines up perfectly with the other jar lids. The result of our collaboration is a series of cute, uniform and easy to read labels.

Materials:

- Scrapbooking paper
- large hole punch
- magnetic alphabet stamp set

Method:

So easy, it's silly! My large hole punch is from a craft chain and is only a few millimeters larger than a standard mason jar lid. Simply punch circles of your favorite patterned paper and using a spare lid, arrange your alphabet stamps, apply to ink pad and press onto your circles of paper. Once the ink has dried, centre the circles on your jars and hold in place with one finger as you screw the sealer band on. That's it! Super cute canning labels with minimal effort and investment!

No comments: